Sunday, July 5, 2009

Seth's Birthday! (Plus a surprise at the end!)

Happy first birthday to Seth!! (Just a notice, this is post number four today--I am trying to get caught up. Don't miss anything!) I wanted to decorate Seth's cake even though he won't remember it. So I made a Winnie the Pooh cake--I feel I did a pretty good job considering I don't have cake decorating tools.
At the moment he thinks it is cool and wants to get it but that might just be because he can't have it right now (see later pics).



Thanks to Aunt Marianne for taking so many pictures! We enjoyed having you and Uncle Eric at Seth's party!


We decided at the last minute to inflate a few balloons we had lying around. Here is Benjamin trying to hold them all.
Sorry for no b-day song video--blogger is taking forever to upload things and this post was already large to begin with.


"Mom, my hand is sticky--clean it off please!!"



"Okay, I'll try it if you insist." (This was after he had been picking it up and dropping it for a few minutes without wanting to taste it.)



"Hmm...this is an interesting toy with lots of different colors."
Needless to say, Seth didn't really eat any cake. He'd just had dinner and was tired and ready to go to bed...not the best timing for a completely new food!




Justin and I got Seth a classic Winnie the Pooh. He loves Benjamin's Pooh and LOVES his new one!



We have a whole series of photos of him enjoying with ecstatic grins and smiles his new Pooh!



Here he is with all of his presents--the football from Benjamin, the books from Grandma Jorgensen, and the shirt and bowl from Aunt Marianne and Uncle Eric.



Here Seth is reading his books--including turning the pages himself!!


Seth had a great birthday and loved the attention he got from everyone all day long, especially the often repeated birthday song! He didn't have any teeth on his birthday but now (five days later) one has finally peeked through his gums!! YEAH!!!

No comments: