Sunday, November 22, 2009

Washington, D.C Trip

First of all, I would like to again thank my mom's cousin for letting us stay with her while we were in D.C.



We loved being able to go on this trip and spend time together as a family seeing the sights. We rode on the Metro which Benjamin LOVED doing. We went to the National Air and Space Museum which was a blast for all of the boys!



Then we went to the capital and ate snacks on the steps. We went to the Library of Congress then stopped all too briefly (for me at least) at the Botanical Gardens on our way back to the Air and Space Museum for lunch (they had a McDonald's inside).





After lunch, we walked past the National Archives on our way to the White House (this was when Seth took his nap--in the Mei Tai on Daddy's back. And, yes, I did provide more support for his head after I took the picture).




Benjamin and Daddy at the White House. This was one thing Benjamin had been really excited to see--we had been talking about it for a while before our trip. Since Seth was asleep, we didn't try to get him in the picture.




We continued walking, but we rested more often since Benjamin's feet were getting tired (though we walked over ten miles that day, Benjamin did great!!).



Seth woke up on the way to Lincoln, and (after a brief walk to get his wiggles out) we put him back on my back. We walked back to the Washington Monument and took a few pictures (it was getting dark) before heading back to a Metro stop and catching a train.


We enjoyed our trip so much; Benjamin has even been planning another trip back!

5 comments:

nathan n rachel said...

I loved DC! I'm so glad you guys got to go. We are dying to go back. Cute pics.

Aggieland Mom said...

Looks like fun, can't wait to do that one day. Miss you guys. Happy Thanksgiving!

Vudochki said...

I just LOVE DC! Glad you guys were able to go! Are you enjoying life on the east coast? I wouldn't trade it for anything... well, maybe Hawaii.

Kathryn Clendening said...

I am so glad you had a great time! What a trip. You all held up wonderful - walking many miles, packing Seth, and enjoying yourselves together! Love Mom/Grandma Clendening

Amy said...

I'm so jealous that you live so close to D.C. (or at least within traveling distance) I love D.C. and would love to visit again! We got your card today (Or finally checked our mail and found it waiting for us) Congrats on the new baby! That's exciting! Are you finding out the sex? I can't wait to see if you'll get a girl! Good luck with the pregnancy and hope it goes well!