Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Seth Talking!

So, Seth has never been very big on using a lot of words. I was somewhat concerned about his development since he wasn't using two word sentences like the charts said he should be. Well, this past week he came out with a three word sentence,"I want more." He had been saying a food name at dinner and we told him he had some of that food. Then he came out with, "I want more," in as calm and matter-of-fact manner as if he were Benjamin's age and had been talking for years. Today, he said "I want ketchup on bread" after just asking for ketchup (which was already on his plate). It was amazing to listen to him construct the sentence--he went through two or so drafts (in immediate succession) before he got it into the order he knew was the correct one with no prompting from anyone! Obviously he is just economical with his words--if mom understands with one word, why use more? :) He is realizing however that when he uses his sentences at dinner, mom is so impressed that she gives him pretty much whatever he is asking for (I did however nix the ketchup on bread idea!). He is growing up so much! He also came out with some other sounds that seemed like sentences but he was using so many new words that I couldn't quite make all of them out.



Here are some pictures of Madeline in a dress that Justin's grandmother made for him. We are hoping to bless her in it but it was a little tight getting it on a couple of days ago when I took the pictures so we'll see if it still fits for her blessing in July.



Here she is with one of her big, whole face grins!! Granted I didn't catch it at the most opportune moment but it is so much fun that she is smiling so much more now.


1 comment:

Marianne said...

I MISSED IT??!! I leave for a week, and I MISS IT??!! I'm never going on vacation again! :(